Monday, April 12, 2010

Today's Mission....should YOU choose to accept it....(this will not self destruct in 30 seconds!!)

(enter Mission Impossible music...da da, da da da da)




Apply this generously to your New Raw and Living Foods Lifestyle!


As a Mother of a special needs child, I know what it feels like to be WORN out and tired...

I get emails from the Sensory Nanny....Here is one of them...that reminds me to take care of me:


Do something nice for yourself that does not help, fix or bless anyone else…
.......something that is only for you.



So often we get so overwhelmed by everything going on in our lives that we forget to take time out for ourselves. I have gotten to the point of having felt guilty for taking time for myself by taking a nap, only to then sit back and realize that if I would have gotten the sleep that I needed (that everyone not only deserves, but biologically needs to have), rather than trying to save the world, I wouldn't have needed the nap in the first place. The nap was not me taking care of myself; it was my body shutting down because I wasn't taking care of it in the first place. It was a means to get back to baseline, but not something that I was doing to be nice to myself.


The other temptation that we have is to multitask. We will "take time for me" but in the middle of it we help with homework, fix dinner for the family, or do some other "little thing" that will help, fix, or bless someone else.


Today what I'm asking you to do is to purposefully do one thing nice for yourself. Some examples would be to take a bubble bath, take a walk (without kids), write in your journal, paint your toes, listen to relaxing music…..you get the idea I'm sure.


It really doesn't matter what it is or how long it takes, it just needs to be something that is only for you. We need to get into the habit of purposefully doing nice things for ourselves without feeling guilty about it. Remember that taking care of yourself is the most important thing because if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else.


Remember.... you can do this…
....everything is going to be ok…
.........and remember to take time to breathe!



From Sensory Nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your Smiling Face today : )