Thursday, April 29, 2010

Committing Without Hesitancy


More From My Friend Stephanie! I shared one of her blogs from within Raw Food Rehab with you before. She is a wise woman!

ENJOY:

This was a quote I saw this morning...I have no idea who this person is, but I like the message :)

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness...the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred.
- W.H. Murray, of the Scottish Himalayan Expedition

When I reflect on what it means for me to fully commit to eating raw with no hesitancy, I realize that's it's much bigger than simply committing to what I eat.

The first thing I think of is that I am committed to my health. When someone asks me why I eat raw, I say it's because of health reasons. I truly believe that eating raw organic fruits & vegetables is the healthiest way to feed our bodies. I don't currently have any health problems that I am trying to cure, but eating this way will hopefully prevent me from having a disease later on in life.

Being committed to my health later on in life means I am committed to my relationships. I am committed to being here for my loved ones for as long as I am physically & mentally able.

This is sometimes hard for people to understand because we live in a society that seeks instant gratification - what's in it for me right now? By committing to the future, I am giving my friends/family the greatest gift I can give them today. Each day I am someone who they can depend on for being happy, healthy, strong, agile, fun, loving, supportive, motivational, inspirational...the list is endless!

I'm going to remember this the next time I feel bad for turning down something a loved one made. i.e. Grandma baked this pie for you, aren't you going to have some? (insert guilt trip here) Instead, I will be proud knowing that by not eating the food, I am actually giving them the gift of all my love.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best gifts given are the ones no one else can see I'm commited and giving with all I have, to all those I love, especially myself.

    ReplyDelete

Show me your Smiling Face today : )