Monday, July 5, 2010

Living in This Moment....


Live In This Moment You Have Right NOW....



It seems this world is spinning so fast...there is always something grabbing for our attention..so many things....It SEEMS that mulitasking is supposed to help us...but it does hinder our focus.

As a Mom, I do multitask some to keep my household running. I wear many hats in my home: Mom, Homeschool Teacher, Errand Runner, Laundrymat Attendent, Dishwasher, UnCook, Groundskeeper, Car Maintence Woman, etc...the list goes on and on and on....and I don't even work outside the home! The work in the home is more than enough to keep me movin' all day long! : ) I am re-booting the laundry, doing a history lesson with Emmalee, washing dishes, doing reading with Elliott, going grocery shopping, pull out the vacuum, run an errand for an ill friend, the phone rings off the hook with endless telemarketers...(I've handed the phone to Elliott a few times! )

Sometimes I think as a Mom I have to multi-task...no choice in the matter...
But I cannot run 24/7 ...neither can you!

Take this moment NOW and

Enjoy this moment...it is fleeting...

Take a deep breath and plan on focusing on the NOW throughout your day.
When stress levels rise, stop and take a mental vacation, even if it is just for 2-3 minutes...refocus...

Think on the good things..the funny things...the joyful things. A merry heart does good like a medicine! Take a healthy dose of laughter every day!


There is always tomorrow to answer those phone calls and emails. There will be dishes to do tomorrow and laundry is ever-bearing...Take a few minutes each day to yourself starting NOW!

Put some post-it notes around the house, in the car, in your briefcase, etc..that say: NOW to remind you to be in the present. Living in the past or the future has no rewards! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your Smiling Face today : )