Friday, July 9, 2010

Embrace Your Hero's Journey



Shedding Skin

“The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.”
~ Joseph Campbell from A Joseph Campbell Companion
Nietzsche made a brilliant comment on this as well: “Shedding one’s skin. The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit.”
We MUST shed our old selves to transform into the new.
How’s your skin? Need to shed a bit, my friend?
And, while we’re on the subject of death and re-birth, how about this:
“If you want resurrection, you must have crucifixion.”
~ Joseph Campbell from A Joseph Campbell Companion
That. Is. Powerful. A snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come. If you want resurrection, you must have crucifixion.
QUIT HOLDING ON TO YOUR OLD IDENTITY.
You know you need to change. So, change.


~Brian Johnson

Below is my personal favorite quote that has taken me through difficult times:
Susan : )
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your Smiling Face today : )