Monday, September 6, 2010

Free of Worry



My Life Is Free Of Worry.

A life filled with worry is a life that is spent in a state of despair. Worrying doesn’t solve anything. It is what my mind does in order to force me to pay attention to what it feels is an issue in my life. Instead of solving anything, I spend my time in frustration. I lose sleep and I lose my ability to focus on what I am doing.

I live a life that is free of worry for the simple reason that when I worry, my level of productivity diminishes.

Instead of worrying about the problem, I figure out what I can do about it. I write out actual physical steps I can take to solve the problem. I then act on those steps. Soon, the problem goes away, and the anxiety goes away with it.

While I’m working on fixing the problem, the worries are gone. My mind is content that I am solving the issue. After the issue is solved, my mind is content because the issue is gone. I am then free to devote all my mental energies on any problem I wish to solve and be free from the pain and frustration of incessant worrying.

By solving the problem, I let my mind relax and focus. I become more efficient, and I start living a life that isn’t haunted with negative thoughts. If I have a particular concern that I cannot solve then and there, I write it down for later. This lets my mind relax. It feels confident that I will return to the problem, and it leaves me alone. I am left with a life of peace and productivity.

Questions of Reflection:

1. Are you worrying more than you need to?
2. Do you know how to get those thoughts out of your head?
3. Can you pick up the worry eliminating habits that make your life more productive.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your Smiling Face today : )