Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ponder Some More...Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability


Enjoy!
When I have been cuddling my little Elliott as he has been ill, I was just watching her on TED yesterday..
Some of my fav quotes:

“Healthy striving is self-focused: "How can I improve", Perfectionism is other-focused:"What will they think”
"We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.”
“Faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty.”

“Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life. Research shows that perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it's often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life paralysis.”


I got her book from the library....check it out!
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susan. Thanks for sharing about Brene's book. I've added it to my wish list. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Show me your Smiling Face today : )