You are invited to submit a video of a recipe demonstration for our first-ever online Hot Raw Chef Contest! We have some great prizes for three lucky winners—plus everyone who enters will receive international exposure for your talents as a Hot Raw Chef! Among other things, the winning chef will be awarded the opportunity to join our line-up of great celebrity raw food chefs at the upcoming Living Light Chef Showcase: Hot Chefs, Cool Kitchen this August 27-29, which will be streamed live on the Internet. This is your chance to be counted as the best of the best in the raw food world!
There is no charge to enter. Videos will be judged entirely on the merits of the demo and not on production quality or camera work, so you do not need to have fancy video equipment to qualify or to win.
In order to evaluate all the videos fairly, we ask you to respect the following guidelines. Videos which are submitted and do not follow the guidelines may be disqualified.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Hot Raw Chef contestants – here is what you need to know:
The Video Submission
- The total length of the video must be under 5 minutes.
- The video must be of you demonstrating your own original recipe.
- At the end of your video presentation, you must say, “Go to http://www.hotrawchef.com/ to vote for me! Don’t forget – do it now! That’s HotRawChef.com to cast your Peoples Choice vote for me, (YOUR NAME)!
- You must register your intent to enter the contest and submit your contact information (Name, Phone, Email, Mailing address and any promotional information you want listed with your video such as a website or email address) in the form below.
- Your video will be evaluated on presentation and teaching style as well as recipe quality and adherence to the judging criteria.
- Deadline for video submissions is midnight Pacific Time on June 30, 2010.
- Your recipe must contain 100% vegan ingredients (no honeybee, dairy or other animal products or byproducts)
- The recipe must be written in an easy-to-read format and submitted using our recipe writing guidelines (pdf).
- Your recipe must contain a minimum 90% raw ingredients by weight. Ingredients which are admissible, but not considered raw, include things like: miso, tamari, natural flavor extracts like food grade essential oils, vanilla, and other pure flavor extracts, pure agave, maple syrup, agar agar, lecithin, and commercially dehydrated foods, likes spices.
- Your recipe will be included in an e-Book of contest recipes which will be given to everyone who registers to vote.
- All presenters are required to sign a standard waiver for the use of photos, video, and recipes by representatives of Living Light.
- Please refrain from using inappropriate slang, swear words, disrespectful or judgmental language.
- Avoid giving unsubstantiated nutritional information or medical advice.
- Do not use this video as a sales opportunity or for personal promotion of a web site, etc. All entrants will have their web site and/or contact information listed on our voting page so people may contact you for information about your services.
- The voting period for videos will be between July 7 and July 21, 2010.
- Winners will be notified by July 27, 2010.
- You may enter no more than once.
- Living Light faculty, employees, and family members are not eligible to participate.
All submissions will be equally reviewed for the following:
1. Overall Presentation and Teaching Style - 40%
Includes professionalism, teaching skills, enthusiasm, culinary expertise, culinary tips, ease of recipe, and attractiveness of final product.
2. Quality of Recipe - 20%
Includes originality, creativity, ease of preparation, and clarity of written recipe.
3. Adherence to Guidelines - 20%
Includes amount of non-raw ingredients, amount of time spent promoting products, offering unsubstantiated nutritional information, etc. (see criteria)
4. Votes by the Public - 20%
Get your friends to support your rise to the top! The person with the most votes in this category will win the Peoples’ Choice Award.
1. Overall Grand Prize
The best overall winner will receive a certificate to attend Living Light’s new Food Styling for Photography class, taught by Cherie Soria and guest instructor, Denise Vivaldo. This class is valued at $895. In addition, the grand prize winner will have the opportunity to demonstrate a recipe live at the Chef Showcase in August and streamed worldwide on the Internet. This is a chance to take your career to the next level! The winner will also receive a full access pass to all three days of the Living Light Chef Showcase, including our exclusive raw dessert reception. Total value of the grand prize award is over $1100!
2. Runner Up
The first runner up winner will receive $450 credit towards a culinary class at Living Light. This certificate is transferable so you can choose to further your education or give it as a gift to someone you love!
3. People’s Choice
The person who wins the most votes from online ratings alone will receive a gift certificate for $250 to spend in any way they choose at one of Living Light’s four businesses. This includes the Marketplace, Inn, Café, or Culinary Institute.
All together we’re giving away over $1800 of prizes, so get your video cameras and mobile phones ready!